60GHz mmWave Falling Detection (FDS) Bio-Radar Sensor, IR60FD1A
IR60FD1A radar module adopts 60G millimeter wave radar technology to realize the Human Pose Recognition and the fall detection function. This module is based on FMCW radar system to realize wireless perception of personnel status in specific places. It can be tested with our radar test board.(DERADAR-24G)
● Motion perception and fall detection function；
● Limit the detection object to people with biological characteristics (moving or stationary), and eliminate the interference of other inanimate objects in the environment;
● This module can effectively eliminate the interference of non living objects, and can also realize the detection of non living moving objects；
● The product supports secondary development and adapts to a variety of scenarios；
● General UART communication interface, providing general protocol;
● Four groups of I \ o are reserved, which can be input and output according to user-defined or simple interface simulation;
● The output power is small and does no harm to human body；
● The module is not affected by temperature, light, dust and other factors, with high sensitivity and wide application fields
The beam coverage of radar module is shown in. The radar coverage is a three-dimensional sector area with 100 ° horizontal and 100 ° pitch.
Due to the influence of radar beam characteristics, the radar operates far in the normal direction of the antenna surface, but the operating distance deviates from the normal direction of the antenna will become shorter.
When the radar is installed on the top or obliquely, the radar action range will be reduced due to the influence of the radar beam range and effective radiation space, which should be paid attention to during use.
The radar is installed on the roof and emits beams vertically downward.
The radar installation height is H = 2.4m ~ 3M; The radius of radar beam coverage area is R. within the radar projection area, it is considered to further divide the projection area into fall detection area, presence detection area and motion trigger detection area. The schematic diagram for function area division is shown in the following figure:
In some application scenarios, the radar needs to be installed obliquely, such as in the corner of the wall.
For this kind of installation method, consider the home gyroscope sensor on the radar to measure the radar inclination, and then assist the radar in angle correction.
In view of the current number of channels of radar chip, the fall detection function in horizontal installation mode is not considered temporarily.
1) Fall detection
a. Detection range：i.≤2 m //the projection radius of radar top-mounted ii.≤4 m //the projection radius of radar obliquely-mounted
b. Accuracy： ≥90%
2) Percepetion of human presence
a. Detection range：≤3 m //projection radius
3) Motion detect ion
b. perception of movement direction and location
1. Detection Angle and Distance
Note: The radar was at an altitude of 2.8 meters
2. Electrical Characteristics
3. RF Performance
EXTERNAL DIMENSION AND I/O PIN ASSIGNMENT
1. Outline Dimension
2. Pin Definition
Positive end of power input
|3||RX||Serial port receive|
|4||TX||Serial port send|
|Interface 2||1||3V3||3.3V||Output power supply|
|5||GP1||Spare extension pin|
|6||GP2||Spare extension pin|
|7||GP3||Spare extension pin|
|8||GP4||Spare extension pin|